Monday, June 7, 2010

Kickoff Prize #1: Get Your Game Face On!


 Did you know we have a real-life honest-to-goodness makeup artist writing web features for us?  Her name is Kelly Babcock and she is AMAZING -- check out her portfolio on her website to see some examples of her work.  PLUS I just saw her last week on the day before her due date and she looked fabulous -- if that's not talent I don't know what is (am I right, moms?)  Her first web feature for us is a great step-by-step how-to on how to use our mineral makeup to get a natural, age-appropriate look for stage:


With competition season in full swing we're guessing that some of you are thinking it's time to rework your look -- maybe you've got a new costume, maybe you're sick of never looking quite "right" on stage or maybe you're just tired of the same old stuff.  Well, Kelly and TheGirls@IHTD want to help you out! For the summer we’re offering sample-size “face kits” for the special promotional price of $20 -- that’s 20% off the regular price!  Check it out here:


And today's kickoff week prize is:

*A Deluxe Makeup Bag appliqued in your choice of design or text and your fave colours!*
AND
*One of our Get The Look kits in your chosen shades!*

Want to win the prize? Tell us what YOUR biggest makeup problem is here in the blog comments (do it today to get TWO entries) -- and don't forget to "Like" this post link on Facebook and tweet about the contest on Twitter to get even more!

7 comments:

Stephanie Martyn said...

My biggest make-up problem is that I don't like to wear loads of make-up. But, I feel like I have to in order to keep up with the other dancers. I usually wear my every day look (neutral tone eyeshadow and a coat of mascara), but put on a few extra coats of mascara. I am not into all the crazy, dress matching, flo-glow eyeshadows, but maybe I need to change my look?

Jess said...

My biggest makeup problem is finding makeup to match my super pale skin. As soon as I find a color that works, it gets discontinued. (Thanks Sephora!) I also have issues with the fact that my hair is really gold-toned and gold makeup washes me out like crazy, but for some reason I still buy a ton of it.

J Schultz said...

(A dance mom here) Our biggest make-up problem is, I don't have a clue as what to do! My own mom only wore lipstick, so I had no one to teach me. I do okay with day to day make-up but am clueless as to stage make-up for my DD. Not to mention she has small eyes and very small lashes.

Hannah said...

My biggest makeup problem is that I wear glasses when I compete, and I often feel like any eye makeup I put on can't really be seen unless I pile it on (which I'm not really a fan of!).

Twilight Orchid said...

My biggest problem is oily oily skin, so I'll apply the makeup, and then a short time later it disappears!! I also have acne prone skin so I have to be careful what kinds of products I use.

Leah said...

My biggest problem is not with the makeup but the sunscreen for outdoor competitions...

Bridget Nyland said...

Finding the perfect shade of red lipstick, absolutely! I have a yellow and black dress, so I love to wear a nice red lipstick, but it's so hard to find just the right color. I feel so silly trying on a million different kinds in Sophora!

Ps: my Captcha is PRIZEdin... An omen perhaps ;)