Now back to the justification bit -- this list was posted on the Irish Dance forum of Dance.net by the lovely Jess Knight, one of the world's most talented Irish dance dressmakers, in my humble opinion! She tells me she got it from a ballroom dress-making auntie, which just goes to show you the longevity (and obvious usefulness) of such a list:
Ten Good Reasons to Buy Fabric
- It insulates the cupboard where it is kept.
- It keeps the economy moving. It is my duty to support cotton farmers, textile mills and fabric shops.
- It is less expensive and more fun than psychiatric care.
- I'm participating in a contest - she who dies with the most fabric wins.
- It keeps without refrigeration, you don't have to cook it to enjoy it, and you'll never have to feed it, change it, wipe it's nose or walk it.
- Because I'm worth it
- Like dust, it's good for protecting previously empty spaces in the house. Like the ironing board, the laundry basket.. the dining room table.
- It is not immoral, illegal or fattening. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul and makes me feel good.
- Because it's on sale!
- Buy it now. Before your husband retires and accompanies you on all your shopping expeditions!